Show respect for the others persons opinions. Never tell a man he is wrong. The only way to get the best of an argument is to avoid it. If you are wrong admit it quickly and emphatically. Begin in a friendly way. Get the other person saying Yes, yes immediately. Let the other person do a great deal of the talking. Let the other person feel that the idea is his. Try honestly to see things from the other person’s point of view. Be sympathetic with the other person’s ideas and desires. Appeal to nobler motives. Dramatize your ideas. Throw down a challenge
MATHEMATICS,PAPER 1 P299/2
Instruction: Attempt any four
ALL QUESTIONS CARRY EQUAL MARKS.
1. You have dated a girl for two years and eventually she drops you for another guy. Calculate the percentage of time wasted (20 marks).
2. You buy airtime for your girlfriend and she calls another guy. Using trigonometric identities, derive the general formula for this kind of love (20 marks).
3. You are dating four girls simultaneously, and each of these girls is demanding a Samsung Galaxy S5 and an Ipad 3 from you.
(a) Plot a graph of girls against the prices of these phones(15 marks).
(b) Using data from your graph, state the estimates of your future poverty (5 marks).
4. You are dating other people's sisters, but you don't want to see any guy with any of your sisters. Calculate the percentage error in your thinking capacity, given that you have 4 sisters and 3 girlfriends. Take Pi = 3.14 (20 marks).
Ezra and Thomas joined a company together a few months after their graduation from university.
After a few years of work, their Manager promoted Ezra to a position of Senior Sales Manager, but Thomas remained in his entry level Junior Sales Officer position.
Thomas developed a sense of jealousy and disgruntlement, but continued working anyway.
One day Thomas felt that he could not work with Ezra anymore.
He wrote his resignation letter, but before he submitted it to the Manager, he complained that Management did not value hard working staff, but only promoted only the favoured!
The Manager knew that Ezra worked very hard for the years he had spent at the company; even harder than Thomas and therefore he deserved the promotion.
So in order to help Thomas to realize this, the Manager gave Thomas a task.
“Go and find out if anyone is selling water melons in town?”
Thomas returned and said, "yes there is someone!"
The Manager asked, "how much per kg?"
Thomas drove back to town to ask and then returned to inform the Manager; "they are 13.50 per kg!"
The Manager told Thomas,
"I will give Ezra the same task that I gave you. Please pay close attention to his response!"
So the Manager said to Ezra, in the presence of Thomas;
“Go and find out if anyone is selling water melons in town?”
Ezra went to find out and on his return he said:
"Manager, there is only one person selling water melons in the whole town.
The cost is 49.00 each water melon and 32.50 for a half melon.
He sells them at 13.50 per kg when sliced. He has in his stock 93 melons, each one weighing about 7kg.
He has a farm and can supply us with melons for the next 4 months at a rate of 102 melons per day at 27.00 per melon; this includes delivery.
The melons appear fresh and red with good quality, and they taste better than the ones we sold last year.
He has his own slicing machine and is willing to slice for us free of charge.
We need to strike a deal with him before 10am tomorrow and we will be sure of beating last year's profits in melons by 223 000.00.
This will contribute positively to our overall performance as it will add a minimum of 3.78% to our current overall sales target.
I have put this information down in writing and is available on spreadsheet.
Please let me know if you need it as I can send it to you in fifteen minutes."
Thomas was very impressed and realized the difference between himself and Ezra.
He decided not to resign but to learn from Ezra.
Advice just for knowledge…..
1. Have a firm handshake.
2. Look people in the eye.
3. Sing in the shower.
4. Own a great stereo system.
5. If in a fight, hit first and hit hard.
6. Keep secrets.
7. Never give up on anybody. Miracles happen
8. Always accept an outstretched hand.
9. Be brave. Even if you're not, pretend to be. No
one can tell the difference.
11. Avoid sarcastic remarks.
12. Choose your life's mate carefully. From this
one decision will come 90 per cent of all your
happiness or misery.
13. Make it a habit to do nice things for people
who will never find out.
14. Lend only those books you never care to see
15. Never deprive someone of hope; it might be
all that they have.
16. When playing games with children, let them
17. Give people a second chance, but not a third.
18. Be romantic.
19. Become the most positive and enthusiastic
person you know.
20. Loosen up. Relax. Except for rare life-and-
death matters, nothing is as important as it first
21. Don't allow the phone to interrupt important
moments. It's there for our convenience, not the
22. Be a good loser.
23. Be a good winner.
24. Think twice before burdening a friend with a
25. When someone hugs you, let them be the first
to let go.
26. Be modest. A lot was accomplished before
you were born.
27. Keep it simple.
28. Beware of the person who has nothing to
29. Don't burn bridges. You'll be surprised how
many times you have to cross the same river.
30. Live your life so that your epitaph could read,
31. Be bold and courageous. When you look back
on life, you'll regret the things you didn't do
more than the ones you did.
32. Never waste an opportunity to tell someone
you love them.
33. Remember no one makes it alone. Have a
grateful heart and be quick to acknowledge those
who helped you.
34. Take charge of your attitude. Don't let
someone else choose it for you.
35. Visit friends and relatives when they are in
hospital; you need only stay a few minutes.
36. Begin each day with some of your favourite
37. Once in a while, take the scenic route.
38. Send a lot of Valentine cards. Sign them,
'Someone who thinks you're terrific.'
39. Answer the phone with enthusiasm and energy in your voice.
40. Keep a note pad and pencil on your bed-side
table. Million-dollar ideas sometimes strike at 3
41. Show respect for everyone who works for a
living, regardless of how trivial their job.
42. Send your loved ones flowers. Think of a
43. Make someone's day by paying the toll for
the person in the car behind you.
44. Become someone's hero.
45. Marry only for love.
46. Count your blessings.
47. Compliment the meal when you're a guest in
48. Wave at the children on a school bus.
49. Remember that 80 per cent of the success in
any job is based on your ability to deal with
50. Don't expect life to be fair.
Take me back to the old Paths, when Moms were at home.
Dads were at work.
Brothers went into the army.
And sisters got married BEFORE having children!
Crime did not pay; Hard work did;
And people knew the difference.
Moms could cook; Dads would work;
Children would behave…
Husbands were loving; Wives were supportive; and children were polite.
Women wore the dresses; and Men wore the trousers.
Women looked like ladies;Men looked like gentlemen; and children looked decent.
People loved the truth, and hated a lie;
They came to church to get IN, Not to get OUT!
Hymns sounded Godly; Sermons sounded helpful;
Rejoicing sounded normal; and crying sounded sincere.
Cursing was wicked; Drinking was evil; and divorce was unthinkable.
We read the Bible in public; Prayed in school;
And preached from house to house.
To be called a Christian was worth living for;
To be called a traitor was a shame!
Sex was a personal word. Homosexual was an unheard of word, And abortion was an illegal word.
Preachers preached because they had a message; and
Christians rejoiced because they had the VICTORY!
“Most blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb. And how does this happen to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? For at the moment the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the infant in my womb leaped for joy. Blessed are you who believed that what was spoken to you by the Lord would be fulfilled.” Luke 1:42b-45